|To remove the
radio, you need a long phillips
screwdriver, a short stubby phillips
screwdriver, and a 1/4 inch hex nut
driver or socket.
1. Remove the radio
2. Remove the two screws at the top of
the radio cover plate or bezel.
3. Grasp the very bottom of the cover
plate below the heater controls and pull
straight outward. The bottom of this
plate is held by two threaded studs that
push into barrel clips just below the
heater controls. Sometimes it takes some
strength but do it slowly. It should pull
straight out. This exposes the metal
bracket that holds the radio in place.
4. Remove the two screws just below the
radio on the metal retaining bracket.
5. Remove the glove box door support
cable with the stubby screwdriver and
carefully let the glove box door drop
6. Reach in through the glove box door
opening and remove the nut holding the
radio at the rear.
7. Remove the screws from the bottom of
the side plastic trim pieces, pull the
radio out a bit and remove the trim
8. Carefully pull the radio straight out
of the opening enough to reach the rear
of the unit, disconnect the wiring and
antenna cable, and pull the radio out..