|1. Remove the lower metal
dash as outlined here. In many cases, it
may be enough to loosen the lower dash
just enough to move it out of the way for
you to get to the heater box. This is a
decision to be made at the time.
2. Drain the radiator.
3. Remove the heater hose clamps and
hoses at the engine and lay the heater
hoses loosely over the engine.
4. Remove the five nuts under the hood.
5. Remove the bolt holding the box inside
the car at the cowl vent and unplug the
blower switch connector on the case.
6. Remove the screws holding the
adjusting cables and remove the cables
from the box if this has not been done.
6. Move the passenger seat back as far as
possible, sit down in the floorboards,
and grasp the heater box at each end.
7. Move the box down and toward you,
slowly pulling the heater hoses through
the holes in the firewall.
Now you have access
to the heater hose clamps at the heater
core. From this point, the box is ready
to be removed from the car. It is
recommended that you consider replacing
the core, seals and gaskets inside the
box, as well as heater hoses and clamps.